Real Estate Appraisers E&O
You have come to the right place for your errors and omissions insurance. One Stop. One Source. Whether you are a multiple appraiser firm or a sole proprietor operating out of a home office, you can be certain that Intercorp, a division of Norman-Spencer, has the right solution for you.
Whether you choose a ready-made policy or an individually underwritten policy, you will get top-notch service with a personal touch.
The steady hand of an insurance program manager that has supported real estate appraisers through good times and bad.
All of our insuring companies are rated “A” or higher by A.M. Best insurance rating organization.
FREE Risk Management and Pre-Claim Assistance Hotline
Same Day/Next Day Policy Turnaround
Industry Leading Coverage and Competitive Pricing
Professional Liability for ALL Things Appraising
Intercorp’s focus is on the appraisal industry: individuals or multiple appraiser firms, commercial including business valuation, appraisal management companies, and all types of related businesses. We know and understand your business. Put our experience to work!
Individual Appraiser Program Highlights
- Competitive Premiums
- No Additional Membership/Policy Fees
- Match Prior Acts with Proof of Coverage
- Broad Definition of Professional Services (Supervisory Appraiser, Notary Public, Member of a Formal Accreditation Committee, Standards Review Committee or Similar Board)
- Zero Deductible
- NEW Drone Photography
- NEW Premises Liability Coverage
- Policy Limits (Up to $1,000,000 per claim / $2,000,000 annual aggregate)
- Defense Costs outside the Limits of Liability
- Policy applies to acts, errors, omissions or Personal Injury occurring anywhere in the world
- Coverage for Home Measurement Services and Review Appraisals
- Free Extended Reporting Period for Death, Disability or Retirement
To start an Individual Appraiser application, choose your state!
Appraisal Firms Program Highlights
- Broad definition of Named Insured (Including employees, officers, owners, subcontractors, and the entity itself)
- Broad definition of Professional Services (No exclusion for reviews, measurements, photographs, and specific types of appraisals)
- Premises Liability Sub-Limit (bodily injury and property damage during the on-site review of the property)
- Sub-Limits for Disciplinary Proceedings and Subpoena Assistance
- Optional Appraisal Management Company endorsement
- Generous Extended Reporting options (1–5 years). Plus—Retirement Extended Reporting for qualified insureds at no additional premium
Appraiser Management Companies Program Highlights
Designed specifically for AMCs
- Competitive premiums
Limits of liability up to $5,000,000, with excess coverage available
- Prior Acts coverage for applicants who qualify
- Available in all states
- A-Rated Insurance Company
- Pre-Claim Hotline providing confidential legal assistance on potential claim issues
- Additional coverages offered:
State AMC Bonds, Cyber Liability, Commercial Crime, and Business Owner Policies
No one knows AMCs like Susan Lomeli, who has been serving the needs of appraisal management companies for ten years. Put her experience to work for your AMC coverage!
Not ready to quote your renewal just yet? Not a problem! Share your email and policy renewal date with us and we’ll mark our calendar, so you don’t have to. We will touch-base to ensure you’re prepared with a quote from Norman-Spencer before your current policy comes up for renewal
New construction can be difficult to appraise, especially when the home hasn’t been built yet. It can be made more difficult with your client asking tough questions about your recent appraisal on the subject. How do you problem solve when it feels like there is...
As we all know, the whole appraisal industry has been changing with technology (whether we like to or not). Now more than ever, the increase in technology has a huge impact on the future of appraisers. With a proposal pending approval and new ways to appraise rapidly...
There seems to be an uprise in natural disasters in recent years, from hurricanes to flooding, tornadoes, wildfires and earthquakes. Damage is guaranteed to follow these events, bringing catastrophe to people and their homes. When a home hit by a disaster needs to be...
On your journey to becoming the most successful appraiser you can be, you’ve probably asked yourself at least once, “should I work with an AMC?” AMCs (Appraisal Management Companies) aren’t everyone’s favorite, but they can be helpful to your success. It’s all about...
Everybody makes mistakes. Sometimes it’s hard to catch yourself in the act, so we’re here to remind you of common violations that occur in the appraisal world, and tips on how to avoid them. A mistake here and there is understandable, but continuing to make them will...
There are many risks in running a business, so it’s better to be safe than sorry. Anything could happen. Take for example, what happened at CoesterVMS. An appraiser at the company had his private email hacked by his own boss, Brian Coester himself. To avoid situations...
Appraisal Subcommittee (ASC) The Appraisal Foundation (TAF) Association of Appraisal Regulatory Officials (AARO) Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Federal Reserve System (FED) Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)